E for Egypt

If there was one country in the world that I most definitely want to visit, it's Egypt. I am a sucker for history (only when when they are not lessons in school and I have to take exams). We learnt pyramids and pharaohs in school but it wasn't until much later that I started falling in love with all this. Most of the places I want to visit are because of books or movies. And this one is none the better.

If you have read The Ancient Egypt Series by Wilbur Smith, you'd know what I am talking about. The Nile, the pyramids, the beauty of the kings and queens, the spices, the flowers, the smell of valley, the sand, the desert, the camels and even the burial customs have intrigued me like no other. And of course, the food :)

What are the must see places in Egypt other than usual touristy places? Drop in your thoughts.

Wishlist: How about a full Europe tour? :) 


Aswan Dam, Nile, Egypt. Image courtesy: Wikipedia



Macaroni Bechamel - Image courtesy - Wikipedia


Umm Ali - The national dish of Egypt - Image courtesy: Wikipedia

Comments

  1. Now food and travel are a fiery combo. Eating local dishes and savouring the place is something I would like to do. Egypt is on my hit list as well.

    All the best for crossing out all your hit places soonest.

    Joy always,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not been to Egypt but hope to visit one day...it is on my bucket list...but when things are not so volatile there. Your pictures made me hungry!
    Happy A-Z April!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Egypt... not so sure, the volatile nature of this place has put it down on the list...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Travel along and let me know what you think :)

Popular Posts